Among the plethora of natural remedies, rosemary water stands out as a hidden gem for hair treatment. This aromatic herb, with its earthy fragrance and a history steeped in wellness, has become a cherished secret for those seeking a holistic approach to hair care. Unlike commercial hair treatments laden with chemicals, rosemary water offers a nurturing touch inspired by the simplicity of nature.
Rosemary, celebrated for centuries for its abundance of antioxidants and its ability to stimulate hair growth and improve scalp circulation, takes center stage in this transformative hair treatment.
Cloves, known for their distinctive aroma and therapeutic properties, contribute not only a delightful fragrance but potentially add an antimicrobial boost, helping to maintain a healthy scalp.
How To Prepare Rosemary Hair Treatment
Here’s how you can craft your own rosemary water with a touch of cloves:
- handful of dried rosemary leaves
- x2 tbsp Cloves
- x5 cups of water
- Boil the Water
- Add Rosemary and Cloves: Once the water is boiling, add the fresh rosemary sprigs/leaves and the cloves to the pot. Allow them to simmer together, releasing their therapeutic properties into the water.
- Steep and Cool: Let the mixture simmer for around 15-20 minutes to ensure the infusion captures the essence of both rosemary and cloves. Turn off the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Strain the Infusion: Using a fine mesh strainer, separate the liquid from the herbs and cloves, leaving you with a fragrant rosemary water infused with the optional touch of cloves.
- Transfer to a Spray Bottle: Pour the strained infusion into a clean spray bottle for easy application.
- Store and Enjoy: Optional add a few drops of rosemary or castor oil in the bottle and store the bottle in the refrigerator for a refreshing burst of natural goodness whenever your hair needs a rejuvenating pick-me-up.
To apply rosemary water to your hair, ensure it’s at room temperature. Mist it onto clean, damp hair, focusing on roots and massaging gently into the scalp. Leave it on for 15-30 minutes, optionally covering with a cap or towel. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water. Use a few times a week and adjust based on your hair’s response.
Benefits Of Rosemary Water
Improves Scalp Health
Rosemary oil, known for its antifungal and antibacterial properties, has shown promise in reducing scalp itching, as observed in a 2015 study. While research specifically focused on this miracle hair-treating water is lacking, the potential benefits for scalp health warrant further investigation.
Contrary to claims of inherent hydrating properties in rosemary water, it is suggested by experts that its contribution to hair and scalp moisturization may be realized when used in combination with carrier oils or hair products. However, scientific research directly addressing the hydrating effects of rosemary water is currently nonexistent.
Enhanced Hair Shine
Although rosemary oil may offer temporary shine to the hair, the long-term effectiveness of rosemary water in enhancing hair luster remains unproven. The potential to add a temporary, lustrous sheen may vary based on individual hair characteristics, and scientific research specific to rosemary hair treating water is lacking.
Promoting Hair Growth
Research indicates the potential of rosemary’s plant properties to stimulate hair growth. A study in 2013 supported rosemary leaf extract’s role in promoting hair regrowth in individuals with androgenetic alopecia.